Drool! I love asparagus.
I made almond milk this morning! It is so good and super easy to make! Raw, vegan, yummy and only had 2 ingredients. Who could ask for more? :)
1. Soak 1/2 cup of almonds in 1 1/2 cups of water overnight or for at least 8 hours.
2. In the morning strain and rinse the almonds and put them in a blender.
3. Add 2 cups of water to the almonds and blend until you can only see little flecks of almonds. This should take about 2 minutes of blending on high.
4. Strain the liquid through a sieve or a nut milk bag and keep pushing the almond mush into the sieve to get as much liquid out as possible until it resembles a powder.
5. Put the almond powder in a box and use it for either baking or in place of something like flaxseed.
6. Put the almond milk in a bottle or a jar and enjoy!!
This will keep in the fridge for about 3-4 days. The quantities I used made about 1/2 a litre or 1.25 pints.
Have a great day guys!
Really need to try this!
Need energy? Perfect! Go and grab these ingredients and make this delicious smoothie!
- 2 cups of Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup of Blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of Coconut Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cacao Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Chia Seeds
- 1 Banana
- Handful of Ice Cubes
The best thing about it, is that it is Gluten Free and will also fill you up! A perfect snack between lunch and dinner!
This recipe is inspired by the amazing CE Recipes app, however I did change ingredients slightly! (Although I changed the ingredients, I thought it would be safe to share a link to the statement of the definition of Fair Use - "The purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes". As this tumblr blog is an assignment for my Networked Media Production class, the content I post are for educational purposes only. Please let me know if any problems. Thank you.
For more of my recipes, click here!
Need to add this to my smoothie agenda! Quick and nutritious seeing as I don’t seem to have time to eat these days.
7 months after having my little man. Yep, I’m pretty happy with that.